Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Effing Christmas


I am sure that after a previous post entitled Bah-Humbug, you assumed that I had given up on the holidays, drawing the shades and refusing to decorate the tree…but, you are wrong. I have womaned up and embraced the damn holiday season. To get myself in the right frame of jolly tidings we decorated the tree while listening to the ONLY acceptable Christmas music: Michael Buble. I hung stockings on the mantle with care, in hopes that St. Nick would soon be there…oh, and SPOILER ALERT: St. Nick doesn’t really come, its mommy working her ass off to create the magic of the holiday season. So, just in case you were ready to take my children and head for the North Pole, here is a little peek in to our very own Winter Wonderland:

Our Christmas tree. There are more borwn paper packages tied up with string now, but you get the idea. Oh, its also 1 1/2ft off the ground and has been excellent at thwarting tiny abusive hands.

Stockings are hung by the chimney with care. I am still unhappy with the stocking choices and need to commission the amazing cable-knit stockings in my head.

I am a big fan of my silver sparkle decorations.

A Pinterest project still in progress.

My sweet pea and the crown from her Christmas cracker.

Proof we have friends.

Holiday flowers, sprinkled with glitter and nestled in silver ornaments. See- I am one festive lady.


 
Hope you have a very Merry Holiday!
 
xoxo
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment