Thursday, December 27, 2012

Resolutions: 2013 Edition


 
I have a pretty clear vision of the “Best Me”; the woman that I would like to be and more importantly, the woman that I KNOW that I can be. There are a lot of components that I have already, some that are lying dormant just under the surface and some that, with a fair amount of dedication, I can bring to fruition. I have a Pinterest board entitled “In My 30’s” and this has a pretty comprehensive visual representation of who I would like to become…or am becoming…I don’t know. I am torn really, because I don’t want to say “who I would like to be”. (Or is it whom I would like to be? See this is why I need an editor) That phrase sounds so negative- like I am unhappy with the person I am. I simply mean, the optimum me. There is a “me” that is already here (buried deep and dormant) and given enough exercise, sleep, and cooperation, the person that I am.
I know that making New Years resolutions is silly and making too many resolutions is simply unobtainable. I don’t want to hear “just make one change and love the person you are”. Ugh. Please. I get it, but that’s not really the way I work. 7 Years ago THIS NEW YEARS EVE I decided to stop smoking and I never picked one up again. I need that hard line. It is the only New Year resolution that I have ever stuck too, but no matter, it was important that I did make that decision.

I say, throw it all out there- see what sticks. If you are willing to say it out loud then you just took the first step. Why put limitations on what you can accomplish??

My list of crazy 2013 Resolutions:
1.       Begin taking yoga classes. I have a friend who(m)? is crazy awesome and looks incredible-she literally glows. She is my inspiration.

2.       Learn how to play the upright bass. I threw this idea out to a regular at my bar and she emailed me a couple contacts that will help me find lessons. Serendipity!

3.       Try out Denton Unitarian Fellowship. I grew up in the UU church and feel like I am at the age and point in my life where fellowship and community is important.

4.       I would like to find glass blowing lessons. I am throwing that out there with hopes that someone can point me in the right direction.

5.       I don’t like wine. (This is unfortunate because my husband LOVES wine, but its just not for me)I think that I am going to make champagne my fancy drink of choice. Now I must become an expert! This may involve a lot of intense product research and I am ok with that.

6.       I will turn my backyard into a full garden. We are talking tiered beds, 100 different plants and a potential to supply all my friends and neighbors with veggies throughout the spring. You’re welcome.  Oh, and Dad, come help me make this dream a reality, please.

7.       Start, and more importantly, finish some projects around the house. (painting, new curtains, pillows, molding, etc.)

8.       Snail mail birthday greetings to friends and family. I meant to do this last year too…it didn’t stick.

9.       Be more patient and kind. Eh, that’s self-explanatory.

10.   De-frump. Yes, I have a whole Pinterest board for that too, titled “De-Frump”.

11.   Get a tattoo. Jeff is not on board with this idea, but too bad.
I don’t particularly resolve to make any of these happen- but I am just throwing them out there and seeing what happens. I look at this as just opening myself to the universe and see what comes my way. Wish me luck!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment