Friday, December 20, 2013

December 20th: Janet: Pressure and Diamonds


The Struggle is real:
Meag-o asks for a blog.  Topic: This year in review.  Um, ok girl.

 Usually when people ask you about your year, you talk about all the good things.  When asked about your year in blog terms, it seems as though everyone leans more towards, here’s what was good, but here are my bad things and my struggles and how I am getting and or got thought it.  That’s fair, but if you know me, you know that I do what I want.  So I’m not going to focus on either really and just talk about me.

 This year I discovered who I REALLY am as an adult.  This year was full of illness, I got the flu, James had his appendix out, our dog Sammy became diabetic, and our other dog Semi had cyst nonsense going on.  Through all of those stressful times, guess who got us through? Me.  I tend to handle business first and cry later.  I knew that before, but when lives are on the line, I really turn it up!  Yay me! I have grit.

 I get what I want.  I didn’t like teaching, but I loved helping and guiding children.  Enter grad school.  I worked full-time, completed a masters program in two years and landed a job that I am obsessed with a month and a half after I graduated.  I wasn’t taking no for an answer from anyone and if I heard a no, I found someone else to ask.

 My fitness is lacking.  I got a trainer.  “Oh, but you look so fit.” Shut the hell up.  If one more person tells me that they are getting punched in the face, for real.  Yes, I am naturally thin, however, my body is not to the standard that I have kept it over most of my life, so it will return to the rock hard, muscle bound temple of fabulous that I have always known and loved.

This year was dedicated to becoming better, faster, stronger, smarter and more loving.  I say mission accomplished.  That’s not to say that there weren’t struggles along the way and immense pressure to perform and have a baby (suck it/ it’s not happening and we aren’t trying on purpose either).  When the pressure gets heavy, I always remember my favorite quote, “Pressure bust pipes or makes diamonds.”  I choose to shine. 

Bring it 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment